I thought I'd pass on an issue I had installing the latest Data Services patch.
The patches are compressed with WinRAR. When you double click on the patch, it decompresses it to your temporary directory. In our case that was on the C: drive, but the server in question did not have enough room on the C: drive. This resulted in a corrupted install of data services - not good !
To fix this, I did the following:
Open a command prompt as administrator.
Manually set the TMP and TEMP variables to point to another location (in out case f::\temp). I then ran the patch executable from this command prompt session. This successfully uncompressed. I then did a 'repair' of my data services installation which fixed the problem.
I hope this saves you from having the same issue !